The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange issue - CloudLinux/cPanel server. Configure Backup settings change.

Discussion in 'CloudLinux' started by jols, Jan 7, 2013.

1. jols

jols Well-Known Member

This is our first CloudLinux/cPanel server, and we've seen this issue occur twice now.

In WHM ---> Backup ---> Configure Backup

These two settings switch from Enabled to Disabled:

Remount/Unmount Backup Drive
    Bail Out If Backup Drive Mount Fails

When the system disables these settings, then the following occurs:

1 -- The cPanel backup system will attempt to backup everything to the /backup folder (i.e. NOT the /backup directory because this is not mounted prior to the server-wide backup session.)

2 -- The root partition rapidly fills up to 100%, then I get this email message from the server:

The file system /dev/sda2, which is mounted at /, has reached critical status because it is 100% full.

And of course our hosted members complain because they get a similar warning when attempting to access cPanel.

Does anyone have any idea why the cPanel system would flip these two very critical options on the Configure Backup page to disabled?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: Strange issue - CloudLinux/cPanel server. Configure Backup settings cha

I can't think of any reason why any settings would be changed automatically like this. You should probably put in a ticket to cPanel Support so they can come by for a closer look.