The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Perl Error Message...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nitromax, Mar 8, 2002.

1. nitromax

nitromax Well-Known Member

I am trying to run a very simple cgi script in the /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty directory, and for some reason I am getting the following error message:

------------------------------------------------------
    Can't locate Carp/Heavy.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/ERLVER /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/ERLVER /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/Carp.pm line 109.
    -------------------------------------------------------

The strange thing is that, as far as I know, Perl 5.6.0 has NEVER been installed on this server. So how is it that my script is trying to access the Carp/Heavy.pm file in the /5.6.0/i686-linux directory? That directory or version of perl is NOT on the server.

Is there a fix for this? If not, how do I get CPanel to look at the right perl directory? (I call the script like this: http://domain.com:2082/3rdparty/script.cgi). My other scripts in this directory seem to work fine so far.

When I type perl -v at the command line it says I have 5.6.1 i686-linux installed, and the Carp/Heavy.pm files do reside and work in the /5.6.1/i686-linux directory. So if I can get CPanel pointing to the right directory I should be good to go.

Please help!

2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Your perl environment must be really screwed, it should at least look at both 5.6.0 and 5.6.1 as far as a path, both simultaneously.

For a quick fix, just copy the Carp/Heavy structure into /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0, to solve it.

(so these are the same)
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/Carp/Heavy.pm
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/Exporter/Heavy.pm
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/Carp/Heavy.pm
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/Exporter/Heavy.pm

After that.....
    I would probably take layer1's perl561 installer and run it again and see what kind of insane things are going on - it should give you some direction at least, if it doesn't solve the issue.

3. nitromax

Well, it's better... but no go...

I copied those over like you mentioned, and it no longer displays the error shown at the top of this post. But now it's showing this error message:

open2: exec of ./3rdparty/cp-cgi/maxadmin.cgi failed at cpaneld.pl line 712

Another quick question... Does the perl561 installer automatically install all of the perl modules that CPanel needs? Or is there a seperate utility to install all of those modules at once?

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:9f6df35c9b][i:9f6df35c9b]Originally posted by nitromax[/i:9f6df35c9b]

I copied those over like you mentioned, and it no longer displays the error shown at the top of this post. But now it's showing this error message:

open2: exec of ./3rdparty/cp-cgi/maxadmin.cgi failed at cpaneld.pl line 712

Another quick question... Does the perl561 installer automatically install all of the perl modules that CPanel needs? Or is there a seperate utility to install all of those modules at once?[/quote:9f6df35c9b]

Try running that script with the -w switch from the command line

5. nitromax

Ok... I'm having a bad day... I apologize!

Well, I tried your suggestion to run the -w, and the #$%^& script was not even in the directory!!! I had been running the script from a directory with a similar name, but I changed the link in the control panel to point to the 3rdparty directory instead. I thought I had copied all those scripts over, but apparently not. :)

cp file to directory... problem solved. I know... I'm an idiot! :p I seem t be having one of those years.

Thanks