strange..Permissions problem after site move

Tornado

Jul 17, 2007
Iran
Hi
i just move my WORDPRESS website with cpfullbackup to the new cPanel server which everything insalled as Default cPanel

when i want update for example: a plugin or wordpress show premission problem

its mean we should set everythings to 777 to able update plugin ( its not good idea )

i compare PHP VERSION OLD AND NEW server its same...

PHP Handler are set to suphp...

its strange problem :( , because its not first time which i moving my website to new server i was never had such problem before

Tornado

Jul 17, 2007
Iran
Hi,

What was the PHP handler on your older server? You can create a tmp directory and configure it in your wp-config file and check the issue again..
Hi
in older server using suphp and new server are suphp .

i think there is something wrong...

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Can you browse to "WHM >> MultiPHP Manager" and verify if PHP-FPM is enabled for the account? Also, are you sure the previous server used suPHP and not DSO/Mod_Ruid2? We provide a full list of available handlers and their differences at:

PHP Handlers - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Tornado

Jul 17, 2007
Iran
Hi
Yes "PHP-FPM" are enabled and i have check old server again, its was using "suphp "

everything set SAME old and new server...

need to enable MOD_RUID2 ?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Yes "PHP-FPM" are enabled and i have check old server again, its was using "suphp "
If PHP-FPM is enabled for your domain names on the new server, then that's the difference you are looking for. If PHP-FPM is enabled, then website uses PHP-FPM instead of suPHP. Try disabling PHP-FPM to see if that solves the issue.

Thank you.