The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange prices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ainars, Mar 3, 2002.

1. ainars

ainars Registered

I like cpanel, but when i saw the prices, i dont want it anymore. First of all - its not normail if you can not bye a software, but only rent. Imagine: for example - you want to use Windows 2000 and every month you have to pay some 100$. If you dont pay, your computer doesn't work.

I have a co-located server and I pay for it 80$/month including unlimited bandwidth. How is it possible? I live in Latvia and people in my country earn 200-300$ month.

Third, on my server I host sited of non-governmental, non-profit organisations whos budget is not even 100$/month.

Do you think is it possible to bue a license for us?

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

If you can get me a server with true unlimited bandwidth and a usable connection I will give you a license for free.. Note: I will be pushing at least 25 megabits/s worth of bandwidth.

3. ainars

ainars Registered

to bdraco

My web hosting company (http://www.eunet.lv/pands/service/eunethousing.html) dosn't limit incoming and outgoing bandwidth... I don't know why and how it's possible (anyway, I have to pay for bandwidth if I want to use my server as a proxy server). Most of companies here offer free outgoing bandwidth, but charge 0,20-0,25 USD for 1 MB of incoming bandwidth (including mail).

4. ainars

ainars Registered

to aaabbbccc

aaabbbccc,

I am not crying about prices and I do not price my products. We are not a web hosting company, but a few non-governmental/non-profit organisations, including AIDS organisation, who own the server to host our web sites.

You are right, I have to find other price range and it looks that I found it at www.ensimcom which offers control panel software for just 100$ (this sum have to be paid only once, but not every month).

5. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

a) If you actually believe in &free& or &unlimited& bandwidth in any way, shape, or form, whether it is incoming or outgoing- then you have never hosted or administered a site that has had any decent amount of traffic. It's that simple.... it's one of the first things you'll learn as you gain experience in this realm.

b) If you believe that the product provided by Ensim is comparable to Cpanel, or even similar to Cpanel..... then you must have been privy to a pre alpha alpha beta release that is a complete overhaul.

But there are many applications for these products..... some which may definitely be better suited for one instead of the other. It all depends on what you are offering and who you are targetting.

just my 252 rupees
    :p

6. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

If someone sold you any &unlimited& hosting related monthly item they lied to you! There is no such thing as unlimited unless this country you live in is &Host-Wonderland&. Cpanel is a real product that grows and improves on a daily basis.. to keep up with the rest of the internet it has to. There are real people making it happen behind the scenes. They can't live off of $300/ month. Hell just a cell phone bill is that much. Go buy yourself a free control panel and see if they willl let you make monthly payments until you can get it paid for or find a programmer in your country that makes 15 cents an hour and tell him to make you one like cpanel. Hell I bet this forum you are using burns $50 month on resources.

7. carperman

carperman Well-Known Member

As an end user the new CP HostGUI look promising and at a good price, buy and then pay for yearly updates.

This is one i will be looking closely at, if its bug level is lower then Cpanel ........

8. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Hostgui actually looks sweet. The layout is very nice and the features are all built in. Billing, support and everything all in one. I will be watching for this without a doubt. Nick it looks like you may have some competition here.

9. hostbet

hostbet Well-Known Member

Agree!
    I already have a LIC, just waiting to come out :)

[quote:2dd979f7d9][i:2dd979f7d9]Originally posted by awsol[/i:2dd979f7d9]

Hostgui actually looks sweet. The layout is very nice and the features are all built in. Billing, support and everything all in one. I will be watching for this without a doubt. Nick it looks like you may have some competition here.[/quote:2dd979f7d9]

10. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

How much was it? I know their not accepting any more right now.

11. totalufo

totalufo Well-Known Member

1. There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth. Especially for $80 per month. Bandwidth costs money. Start burning up a minumum of 1mps and see if it's unlimited anymore. It's unliited because they don't think you are going to use any juice. THe &unlimited bandwidth& was nothing more than a sales pitch.

2. Cpanel is priced extremely fair. I used to not think it was until I saw the full potential of this software. Since I leased my first copy, I've seen so many upgrades and new features added. The support is fantastic including the people that use these forums. I've never seen a forum so full of friendly and helpful people.

3. If you are a non-profit org, why do you need all of these features? Also, it's only $100 per server, not per domain account. You said these guys don't have a budget of $100. Do they all have dedicated servers?