The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Relay Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by noimad1, Mar 3, 2006.

1. noimad1

noimad1 Well-Known Member

One of my customers e-mails are being rejected. This is mail going to his account from accounts outside the server. The wierd thing is that the rejected mail is giving a relay error message. I'm not sure that I have seen relay errors for incomming mail.

Here is the exact error:

Reason: mailinc10: Host 205.152.59.66: No relaying permitted to hisdomain.com

The strange thing is it says "no relaying permitted TO hisdomain.com" That is what I don't understand. I don't think I have ever seen this error on any of our servers. I've seen "no relaying from this server" but not "TO".

And this is happening quite often from multiple e-mail accounts outside the server. I could understand if it was comming from just one e-mail account outside the server, but it is multiple.

Does any one have any ideas of how to fix this?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If that message is coming from the recipient server then you'd have to ask whoever manages the recipient server why they're not accepting the email. If it's coming from your server then you need to look in the exim mainlog and watch for errors/messages when the emails are sent through.

3. noimad1

noimad1 Well-Known Member

Yea, I believe this error is comming from our mail server because it is mail comming into his account, and is being rejected.

The problem is I've looked in our mail log for any error messages, but couldn't find any for his e-mail account. I thought that was the strangest part, becuase I was pretty sure exim logged all rejected messages...?