The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange server optimization questions

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by johnburk, May 31, 2011.

1. johnburk

johnburk Well-Known Member

I have noticed a strange problem on a server. When sending an email in horde there is a 10 second delay after you press send. When feeds need to be fetched, there is a 10 second delay.

I have checked apache logs, mysql error logs, mysql slow query logs and cannot find any problems.

I am not sure if this is a cpanel, mysql, apache or other problem. I just have no clue. It seems to be related to mysql/php.

I cannot find a server with the same problem. It is not the website software, that has been tested, it has something to do with the server settings, I just have no clue what.

Has anyone had a similar problem or heard of a similar problem? Can this have something to do with apache/php/mysql settings?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What does this portion here mean:

Do you mean RSS feeds on sites for some kind of software application? Please be more specific. Also, if you could post a link to one of the feeds for us to check it out.

3. johnburk

Any feed, for example that of cPanel. But most importantly when pressing send in Horde or when logging in using anything that uses php/mysql, there is an initial 6 to 10 sec delay.

Here is a screenshot. After the first time, the whole page is cached for 4 hours so other users do not experiance the same.

screenshot.jpg

#3 johnburk, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  4. johnburk

Any suggestions? Ping is on average 7ms to 14ms.