The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange .xls file problem in Apache

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by slittle, Dec 22, 2004.

1. slittle

slittle Registered

I've got a customer who has several subdirectories under their public_html directory....

They are running some perl scripts to generate .xls files for their customers... the files are stored in various subdirectories under public_html.... I can pull these files up in the web browser.... They seem to work fine.

The problem is, they've just created a new subdirectory....

..../public_html/all/reports/

When their software generates an .xls file in this folder, I get a 403 Forbidden when trying to view it with a browser... file permissions are all the same... nothing is different than the other subdirectories... and I can put, say, a file: test.html... or test.php.... out there, and THAT file comes up in the browser just fine.... seems to be something with the .xls extention in that particular subdirectory....

Any ideas?

2. slittle

slittle Registered

Nobody has any ideas on this?

Nobody has any ideas on this?

3. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Assume when you say "file permissions are the same" that the file ownership has been checked also?

4. haze

haze Well-Known Member

They've probably disallowed indexes via .htaccess in that folder or one of the ones below it.