The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaing PHP/PDO problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BP7, Dec 29, 2012.

1. BP7

BP7 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am not sure where to post this problem. Your help and hopefully an answer will be greatly appreciated.

Here is his description of the problem.....................................
    During testing of the new Server it would periodically run out of memory, particularly when downloading large record sets (all adults for instance).

This indicates that PHP/PDO drivers are not able to 'stream' records like our previosu server did (used Plesk). In order to begin testing I had to up the allowed memory usage from 4MB/session to 128MB/session

This means that the Gateway will not be able to handle as many large concurrent downloads as anticipated.

I beleive that there maybe something we are missing in the configuration of the PHP, or the drivers that support PDO.

As a reference for you the following is a bug report for the problem. This will give you an idea of the problem,, but not its resolution...
    https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=50755

The above link has the link to a patch...however the patch has been integrated into the libraries that we are using now. Because we are using later libs I have a feeling that the error lies in the configuration of PHP/PDO/FreeTDS - but I am having a problem pinpointing where.

This server has:
    32 GB of memory
    Operating System: CentOS 6.x
    OS Version: 64 Bit
    Control Panel: cPanel

TIA

Barry