The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stressed Newbie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by damon30, May 18, 2010.

1. damon30

damon30 Registered

Hi,

I have just purchased a reseller account. I have managed to create a package and have uploaded our new website. All works fine.

However, we now have a customer that needs to upload a site.

I have created an account and assigned a package. But where do I go from there? Do I need to set up a zone for the customer or do they just simply change the nameservers at their registrar?

I am completely new to this so I have no idea what I need to do to create a space for them on my server to upload thier website.

Hoping for some help,

Cheers. Damon.

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A DNS zone is created when you create an account. If you are going to host the client's DNS, then the client only needs to change the authoritative nameserver records at his/her domain registrar to point to your nameservers.

However, the DNS change should only be done after the site is uploaded.

To upload the site, the client can use either FTP or WebDAV. The username and password for either service is the cPanel account username and the password you assigned the account.

Once the site is uploaded, the client can change the authoritative nameservers at his/her domain registrar, and the DNS change will begin to propagate and your server will begin to serve requests for the domain.