The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

struts issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nitaish, Oct 13, 2010.

1. nitaish

nitaish Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

One of our customers has used struts in his website. While the jsp files run smoothly, the struts does not seem to be working. The problem is that the error is thrown by Apache and not Tomcat. It looks like .do files are not being run by Tomcat and Apache is trying to run the .do files resulting in errors. Can anybody tell me what could be the issue?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In the /home/username/public_html/.htaccess file, could you try placing the following lines:

Code:
    SetHandler jakarta-servlet
    SetEnv JK_WORKER_NAME ajp13
    At that point, restart Tomcat on the machine:

Code:
    /scripts/restartsrv_tomcat

3. nitaish

nitaish Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

After doing this, the error is now shown by Tomcat. However, it throws a 404 error for all the *.do pages though the required Struts Framework is already uploaded by the customer and I have also added the mapping of *.do in the apache's conf file. What could be the issue?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You may simply need to open a ticket. I cannot guarantee we'd be able to fix it as this is inherently going to be considered a coding issue, but we could still take a look. You can open a ticket using the link in my signature or in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel

Unfortunately, I don't work tonight now and I'm off several days, so if you want to wait until I work next on Tuesday evening (2 days from now), I would be happy to look into it on the ticket. I'd simply need the ticket number at that point.

If you prefer to open the ticket tonight, you can certainly do so, but again I'm not sure how much help we will provide for this issue.