The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck for the past Two Days | DNS Issue

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by fammari, Jun 30, 2011.

1. fammari

fammari Registered

Jun 30, 2011
    Hi all,
    i am stuck for the past two days trying to fix a DNS issue, i have CentOS with WHM/cPanel installed, my dedicated server has only one IP address. i have created an account and added a domain ( then in domain administration in my registrar i have created a custom DNS ( and and assigned my only IP address to which went fine.

Now the issue is i have changed the nameserver IPs to reflect domain name: 188.72.XXX.XX1 1 188.72.XXX.XX2 1

Waited more than 24 hours for my domain to resolve but never did, when i try to access the site using IP address like this (http://188.72.XXX.XX1/~username) it works fine which means DNS is not resolving.

Did i miss something? is there anything i need to do more here?

i really appreciate your help guys.

P.S in DNS Zone i have added an A entry to my domain and registered ns1, ns2 using the only IP address.
  2. fi77i

fi77i Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2008
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I do not understand. If you only have one IP why did you assign 2 different IP's to each server. 188.72.XXX.XX1 188.72.XXX.XX2

You should set the only IP you have to both of them. That's not recomendable but you cannot assign a fake IP to one of them cause it will generate trouble.
    Try to set both name servers to the same IP (If your registrar allows that), and wait until propagation finishes. If your registrar does not allow that you will need to ask another IP for your server.