The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck here deleted everything from file manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by box3r1, Jul 29, 2011.

1. box3r1

box3r1 Registered

hello
    i am just new to cpanel ,i have installed phpbb forums via fantastico,then i remove it by deleting folder from file manager,some how i accidentally deleted all folders in the root directory,i just remember there was something like ftp,and some more files too,but now there is nothing.
    when i try to install word press it gives the following error
    plz help me (and one thing i am totally new and do nothing about this thing)

Warning: fopen(/home2/boxrcom/public_html/fantastico_fileslist.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 174

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 177

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 177

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 179

1) File: /home2/boxrcom/public_html/wp-config.php [ERROR! ]
    2) File: /home2/boxrcom/public_html/data.sql [ERROR! ]

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You're not going to be able to install anything until you get the account restored I would think. You've wiped system files needed for the account to operate as expected. I suggest you contact your host on this to see if they've got backups.

You probably need one at this point. Sorry I can't help more than that.

For future reference, when you want to remove something that you installed via Fantastico, you remove it the same way you installed it, via Fantastico. Theres a link you click, and it does the rest of the work for you.

3. box3r1

box3r1 Registered

may b u wont believe me but it truly happens with me,5 or 6 months back i applied for a plan that says 3 gb disk space,with 5 gb monthly bandwith,and when they activated my account everything was unlimited :D
    and unfortunatly i just deleted everything :mad:
    and now when they recreated my account everythng is like my own pkg
    now the question is y does this happens?
    and y it didnt happen 2nd time :(
    i feel really sad now

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    So you got the account restored, everything now works again as expected, including your account limits, and that makes you sad?

I can't comment on why the account limits now work, we'll have to assume your host took care to make sure your limits were in place. If they got your account restored ok and everything works, I think I'd be happy rather than sad. ;)

GL!