The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in a Demo Mode?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Acenet Andyb, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Acenet Andyb

Acenet Andyb Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

I have someone who seems to be stuck in a 'Demo' mode on their cPanel and I have checked the obvious with little success :(

After the user logs into their cPanel they are prompted to login again using [Limited-featured Control Panel] if we use the same login information, it does not accept it. I have checked settings in root WHM->[Disable or Enable Demo Mode] and in /var/cpanel/users/

Couldn't find much else on google, or the search feature on this site. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. NathanielB

NathanielB Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    when you go into WHM and Disable or Enable Demo Mode that should be it (right!),
    i had this before and thats all i had to do on the account that had demo on it and it was sorted and i have never had it again... maybe i was just lucky tho lol :)

3. bibink

bibink Member

I too had this issue on rvkins. It worked fine on all other cpanel skins. After trying several fixes without success I tried removing .rvskin from the accounts home directory and it worked like a magic :)

4. Acenet Andyb

Acenet Andyb Member
    PartnerNOC

It appears one of my colleagues figured this out. Has to do with (sub users) in RV Skin manager. IMO this shouldn't have been released, but it was. To Fix:

[1] Login to root WHM
    [2] Login to RVSkin Config
    [3] (Dropdown Menu) Config -> User-Feature Manager
    [4] At the bottom you will see Do you want to enable User-Feature Manager: -- set this to No
    [5] Click "Submit"
    [6] DONE!

Regards,

5. asiams

asiams Well-Known Member

Great

I had the same problem, but rvskin limited login feature was off and it resolved the problem.

Thank you for posting this solution.

asiams