The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in First Base

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charles_SL, May 24, 2007.

1. Charles_SL

Charles_SL Registered

Hi,

I signed up yesterday for a VPS with WHM/Cpanel and am having difficulties figuring out how to get my website running.

The good news is that WHM is running, and I've finally understood that WHM is used to manage the root server and Cpanel to manage accounts / sites.

The bad news is I have no clue what to do from here. All I want is to set up a website. I've looked at the documentation to get me started but all it does is repeat the same info on the WHM interface.

I tried creating an account for my website, but after logging in to cpanel (took me a while to figure out what the address is - why isn't this included in the cpanel quick start or am I blind?), all the links and images are broken.

Would be really thankful if someone can help this newbie.

Cheers,
    Charles

2. WhmSonic

WhmSonic Well-Known Member

New server WHM require to you complete and fill up some forms when your first time visit to whm. Do this first click the continue button on the left fill up some require informations like email nameservers...

When you complete first time visit, you will see a big left menu on the left, find the link
    Create a New Account under the Account Functions left menu. Click it and fill up form thats it.

If you still cant find it copy paste below link to your internet explorer and change IP to your server ip.

Code:
    http://YOUR_ServerIP:2086/scripts2/wwwacctform

3. Charles_SL

Charles_SL Registered

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I had done that before, and did it again right now. But all I get is this screen, and none of the links work.

[​IMG]

I suppose something's wrong with the default theme. I've tried installing and reinstalling through Addon CPanel Themes, but the cpanel page won't show up properly.

I've also tried a different route, by downloading the theme, but when I upload the bluelagoon theme through Themes > Install a New cpanel Theme, the system won't take it (says logout.html is not found).

4. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Strange, have you tried the X theme?

Have you tried logging into the account directly, with the accounts own username and password?
    domain.com/cpanel

5. WhmSonic

WhmSonic Well-Known Member

Copy this to your internet explorer:
    Code:
    http://Your_ServerIP:2086/scripts2/updateconf
    Choose Automatic (CURRENT tree)

save it. Now open your root ssh with putty ssh connection program and connect your server then use this command:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force
    This will take sometime to upgrade, when its finish close your all internet explorer page's and use internet explorer not firefox, also clear your all computer internet cookie's also restart your computer because firefox or internetexplorer stick to cookie's sometimes then try login to cpanel and see whats going on. Still have a problem you may try login cpanel from another computer.

6. Charles_SL

Charles_SL Registered

Thanks for taking the time to read my message.

@ Ramprage: I can only choose between x2, bluelagoon and xmail. I get a 404 not found for x2 and xmail has the same problem as with bluelagoon (broken links and image). When I try to download and install x2, I get a message that the file is incomplete (logout.html is missing).

After clearing the private data, I logged in with the account directly and still get the same page minus the "logged in as a reseller" warning.

@ WhmSonic: running the code "/scripts/upcp --force". Hopefully it'll take care of all my problems!

7. Charles_SL

Charles_SL Registered

Thanks so much, it's all groovy now!

Charles