The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck on starting up my website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by programguy, Nov 11, 2014.

1. programguy

programguy Registered

Nov 11, 2014
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I purhcased a domain from godaddy and a host from geniusguard. I am new to making websites so I followed a couple of guides and then after pointing my domain to the host I started using Cpanel to start my website. I also wanted to upload a script to use with my website.

On the guides I was told to create an Mysql database and a user and so I did. After that on the guide it said that I had to go to the file manager and under the public_html and delete index.html and upload my script and so I did. After unpacking the script It said that I would have to go to my my domain) and so I did but when I got to the website at first I was being redirected to GoDaddy default page and then it started showing 404 page not found error.

1)What does an Mysql database actually give me? Ive created one but I don't know how it's relevant.
    2)Is my problem from deleting index.html? And if so how can I fix it?
    3)How do I generally solve this problem and finally get to open my website?

Thanks in advance
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please ensure you setup your name servers at your domain registrar so they point to the ones provided by your hosting provider. This is likely the reason your website is not loading.

Thank you.