The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck trying to upgrade PHP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I ran the update Apache script in WHM to upgrade to PHP 4.3.10 and it keeps getting stuck at this:

Searching ports for gcc........................................................................Done
    Wildcard Searching ports for gcc....................................................................................................................................................................................................................Done
    ---> Session started at: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 02:31:00 -0500

I let it run earlier for 35 mins and it didn't get past this so I re ran the script and now it's stuck again. Can someone tell me how to bypass this dang thing so I can go to bed???

2. Specks

Specks Well-Known Member

Try shelling in to your machine and updating it manualy. Though you should check to see if you have it already. I believe cPanel tries to update it. Mine tried to but it found that I already had done it. It was nice to see that they would do that.