The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid question, I know but: SMTP Authentication?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jayco, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Jayco

Jayco Member

All right, I'm trying to enable SMTP Authentication. I searched the forum for it and all I could find was "whm -> service", and my Web Host Manager doesn't have a link to "Service" and I tried looking through my e-mail client and maybe I'm just really tried. :)

Yeah, that's it, tired!

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On the server side, you don't have to 'enable' smtp authentication - the ability to SMTP authenticate is already 'built in.'

On the client side (your email program, such as Outlook or Thunderbird, etc.) needs to be set up to use SMTP Authentication. Instructions for doing that vary from client to client.

What you will need to make sure is when you set up your email account in your email client, you specify the full email address as the POP3 username so that when you go and SMTP authenticate it will authenticate using the full email address.

Mike

3. Jayco

Jayco Member

All right, thanks. :) How would I go about authenticating the e-mail addresses into SquirrelMail, then?