The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

su and bandwidth monitoring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pap, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Pap

Pap Member

If a user was to run a shell program/script (or I did it for him via 'su'), and that script ran as a system daemon and allowed in/out internet traffic to connect to it on a specific port, would it count properly towards the user's bandwidth quota?

If not, how can I set it up so that all traffic on a specific PORT get registered towards the bandwidth quota of a specific account?

(note: I'm not actually giving anyone shell access, but will be running a program for them via the su command.)

Thanks

2. BrightAdmin

BrightAdmin Well-Known Member

3. Pap

Pap Member

Thanks for the reply, BrightAdmin. But I just tried it by using wget and downloading a linux iso. The bandwidth usage did not show up in either "WHM - View Bandwidth Usage" nor the user's "cPanel - General account information".

As for bandmin, it is monitoring the entire server as a whole, and so it recorded the bandwidth usage by saying "Possible Domains:" and listed the bandwidth usage under them all, which doesn't really help.

And it seems to me that the link you pasted requires Clavister Firewall, which is not a free program unfortunetly.

Maybe this would be easier if I monitored by port number and linked a particular port to a specific user?