The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sub domain created, but addon is not

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by macdabby, Aug 15, 2003.

1. macdabby

macdabby Member

I added a few .coms as add-on domains. it automatically creates the subdomain of the account for it. for instance i have main.com and i create sub.com and then it automatically makes sub.main.com as another alias. however when i try to add a .la name then i have problems. subla.main.com is created, and i am told by the success message that sub.la is created, but when i list my add on domains, or even look at all of the DNS entrys in WHM, there is no sub.la anywhere.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. macdabby

macdabby Member

so i upgraded to a newer version of cpanel and whm today, and now i get a different message. it tells me that domain.la is in use by another user.

where can i find the configuration files for this to edit it manually? i know how to edit the httpd.conf, and add a DNS entry, but how do i get cpanel to recognize that there is this domain listed in this user profile so that it can add email accounts, and be sure to set up the email accounts correctly?

3. Mindlash

Mindlash Well-Known Member

bump

I have similar problem.

I create an addon domain, it says its' created but only the subdomain is created. /var/named/ does not have the addon domain there.

help?

4. justhost

justhost Well-Known Member

Have you resolved this problem? I am having the same problem?

5. macdabby

macdabby Member

resolution

Yes i have resolved this problem, but I don't remember exactly how. I remember that one time when I tried to add it again it told me that I had to enter the domain name in the remote host file, because this domain was registered to another IP address not on this server. So i had to SSH into the server, and modify a file (i dont recall which one it was) which was empty, and i put in the IP address of the server that it was on (try PING domain.com ... itll telll you the address). then you open that empty file and put in the IP address and try it again. then once its in you can change the domain settings to let the domain transfer over. Once again im not sure what this file was called but i remember that it was a list of remote hosts. (probably a remotedns.conf or something like that)