The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub domain creation error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by verbal, May 19, 2007.

1. verbal

verbal Registered

Sep 10, 2006
    When trying to create sub domain for one of my account I get this error
    "Error from domain wrapper: (sub -name) is owned by another user."

Now that error seems particularly self explanatory, but I tried various combinations of sub domain names and encountered the same error. I have a vps so any sub domain would've been created by me.

I've also created a sub domain previously on this account without issue so I'm inclined to think that I did something to affect this.

I ran a search here in the forum and didn't turn up anything specific to my problem. And of course.. my host didn't have a clue ..

Has anyone encountered this error before or know whats going on?

2. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Planet Earth
    This error shows that the entry for the domain name exists in any of user's file at /var/cpanel/users/. You need to go through those files.
  3. aoc

aoc Member

Nov 9, 2004
    stupid subdomains bug

i have problem with subdomains here is an example:
    this is the public_html folder

this page is working and you work with anything in public_html folder and when i create a subdomain under this account in cpanel for example:
    and mark this subdomain to /public_html/subdomain_folder

and you should work as

but in cpanel 11 there is straing thing, when creating subdomain it create's a folder or what ever you provide when you create it.

the public_html redirect automatic to the subdomain_folder content and you never can see the public_html content even if you go to this page is not available and if you list the files in the public_html they are available but you can not see it or work with it in the browser.

i got a headack from this problem.

let's say that dns need 48hrs to be available but why the root web folder not available.??

any idea or help
    #3 aoc, May 23, 2007
    Last edited: May 23, 2007