The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub Domain Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by partyhub5, Jan 17, 2015.

1. partyhub5

partyhub5 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello Guys,

I have a problem that my hosting, they does not allow me to create sub domain in the root directory of my account instead it gets created under "public_html" folder which I don't want. Earlier I was able to create Sub-Domain in my main directory but my hosting people did migration of the server and now they are claiming that their new server are not compatible with these features.
    Does CPanel has removed these features or my hosting people are fooling me or is it really true????
    What is the difference of creating Sub domain in main directory and public_html directory????

Thankyou
    Roy

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    The settings for this are here:
    WHM » Server Configuration » Tweak Settings, Domains tab:
    Code:
    public_html subdomains only [?]
    Prevent users from creating subdomains outside of their public_html directory.
    Your Hosting Provider is the only one that can change this for you. As Website Owner, you wouldn't have access to this.

3. partyhub5

partyhub5 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Earlier my Hosting used to provide with this feature, but all of a sudden they pulled back this service. I wanted to know like is their any disadvantage or any other problem if I create a sub domain in the main directory.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Some might tell you that having a Subdomain inside public_html/ is a bad thing for SEO, yourdomain.com/subdomain/, for those folks, this setting is important. I've personally never had any issues with it either way.