The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sub domain question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shann, Jul 22, 2006.

1. shann

shann Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I added a subdomain and works fine, but it is not listing in control panel. I checked userdomains, tusteddomains, httpd.conf and local domains files, all seems to be correct. Do I need to check any other files?

2. randomuser2

randomuser2 Member

when you added it, did you type "sub." in the box before clicking the Add button, or did you just type "sub"? cPanel will stupidly allow you to add a "." in there, creating subdomain.com (instead of sub.domain.com), which will not show up in cPanel anywhere.

3. shann

shann Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you for your reply I just provided "sub" in the filed and it is really strange. Do you have any other suggestions?

4. randomuser2

randomuser2 Member

well, I can't say what will fix it, but I'd probably try removing and re adding it. To delete it if it doesn't show up in the dropdown menu, I call the delete URL direct, like this:

https://domain.com:2083/frontend/x2/subdomain/dodeldomain.html?domain=sub_domain.com

where "sub" is what you entered into the field.

That's worked for me, but I can't say it won't cause a complete cPanel meltdown. We all know how fragile and delicate cPanel really is. Blink at it and it buckles some days.