The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub-domains and Raw Logs..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom Pyles, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

Is there a way for an end user to download raw logs for their sub-domains. The client is using add-ons and it is important for him do have access to raw logs. If not, is there a place where I can find them to send them to him monthly?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tom Pyles

Not to sound impatient, but does anyone know how a user can get raw logs for add-on/sub domains?

3. Raven Snow

Raven Snow Registered

I hate for my first post to be a *bump* but I have several users asking me about this also. They need raw logs for their sub domains. How can a user access their raw logs for sub domains without giving them access to the servers domain logs?

4. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Log files for Sub-domains, Parked, and Add-on domains are all included within the log files the main account. This is not a control panel issue and is how it's always been with Apache. It is also one of the reasons, good control panels include a Statistics program of some sort.

The inclusion or access to raw log files, has always been somewhat of a problem for any SysAdmin. They are available using SSH and looking in '/usr/local/apache/domlogs/' where you will see them listed individually. If your Clients want them, they need someone (probably with 'root' access) to copy and send them.

Any Clients wanting to view these logs in a specific or customized fashion, would need to purchase a separate program for compiling and viewing logs. Don't know of any off-hand though.

5. Tom Pyles

Rob...thank you for the reply. I think I can come up with a work-around...possibly setting up a cron to copy those files into another directory the user has access too...These users want the raw logs for download and to process them using another program...with copying the files over, they should be able to FTP in and get what they need....We'll see :)