Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Sub-Domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by luke.franklin, Oct 18, 2012.

1. luke.franklin

luke.franklin Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a test environment for a piece of software that we use. Currently the software is installed in the public_html and www folders.

I have created a new folder in the root of the cPanel file manager, added in the files i need and created a sub-domain with its document root set as the newly created folder.

When i type the sub domain address into my browsers address bar i get a browser error saying it couldn't find anything. What do i need to do to the folder to make it accessible? public_html and www have the world icon next to their name. How do i get this on the folder i have just created?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

2. tank

tank Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Luke,

You set up the server end great. You must also set up a subdomain on where your domain is hosted. Something like godaddy. Got to get the DNS/A records setup at the registar. Make sense.

Edit**
    Did you make a subdomain or did you make a folder to put software in.

Here is a subdomain URL: test.mysite.com
    Here is folder URL: www.mysite.com/test