The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub-Reseller Accounts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WarpFactorJohn, Dec 19, 2004.

1. WarpFactorJohn

Is it possible to allow reseller accounts to create reseller accounts of their own? I saw another host offering this, but of course their website didn't say how it was possible. Anyone know anything about this and how to set it up? Thanks!

2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

It is possible, but the server admin must create or use a script that allows this. If you have root access, look at the WHM API.

3. WarpFactorJohn

Hello,

I am the server owner/administrator. What do you mean by the term, API in this situation? I have heard of 'API' used to refer to scripts such as WHM Autopilot, but how would a script like that help in the situation of allowing a reseller account to create other reseller accounts? Thanks in advance.

4. bryonhost1

bryonhost1 Registered

I think i can help with this....

Hi!
    API prolly refers to Application Programmer's Interface..it's the way a programmer would access some of the core features of Cpanel to *extend* it's functionality and add features.

The easiest way to go at this...if it's really what you want to do...seems to go ahead and get RVskin. I will warn you, though, it's in Beta right now. There are only a few hosts that offer it...I believe the largest is hostnetway.com . There are a few others...but...they want a arm and a leg for it. I've had some very bad expereinces with betas...just understand they are prolly not ready for prime time. Good luck,

Bryon
    P.S. It just occured to me Hostgator has something like that...although I'm not sure how they are doing it. A bunch of their resellers offer reseller accounts.

5. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

6. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

Or you can try WHMSubs v1.0

I am not sure it safe because it's on experimental.

7. Jasio

Jasio Active Member

A company called CentraHost Corporation is trying to sell this software under their own licenses through a website at - http://www.cpanelsubs.com. They encrypt the code. We believe this is our code which we are supplying open source and for free. ONLY here you can get a FREE version of WHMSubs software! Also please be sure that you read and understand our license before using WHMSubs software cause it is free but has some limitations!

^ Quoted straight from http://www.webstyleopen.com/