The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subdomain deletion bug.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jinovich, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Jinovich

Jinovich Member

cPanel 11.24.4-R32603 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
    CENTOS 4.7 i686 on standard

Right so one of our users created a subdomain and then months later deleted it by deleting the folder from the file manager.

When i tried to restart apache I was getting DocumentRoot /home/xxx/www/subdomain doesn't exist errors for obvious reasons as it is still listed in php.ini.

However it would be better for cPanel to prevent the deletion of folders if they are created as subdomains or check if it is listed in php.ini and remove it from there as it causes problems for server managers if their clients are not as savvy as they are.

2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The best option to delete a subdomain is to delete it from cPanel >> Domains >> Subdomains, secondly the subdomain entries are not in php.ini, they are in cPanel configuration files which then help generate the httpd.conf file. I am not sure but seems highly unlikely to prevent deletion of a folder if it was created via cPanel >> subdomain feature. You can prevent user end deletion by changing permissions and chattr but this would lead it to become read only which is again useless.

3. Jinovich

Jinovich Member

Well yeah thats great and all JPC-Howard but I am fully aware of how to delete a subdomain using cPanel it would appear that certain users are not and because of their lack of knowledge using cPanel it causes me problems on my end of things.