cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You wouldn't be able to forward it, but the WHM interface that @ZenHostingTravis mentioned will tell the system how to handle connections. For example, if you have the Tweak Settings >> Redirection page setup so the first option is "on" and the other options are both the "hostname" selection, no matter how the client connects to the domain name they will get taken to https://your.hostname.com:2087

Does that help clear things up?

vanilla

Dec 20, 2020
Switzerland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
my idea would be, that i can make entries on my DNS like "webmail.mydomain.com" and "hosting.mydomain.com" So that those port numbers wouldn't display. Also hide the hostname from my cpanel server "Ipaddress.cprapid.com".

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
By default, cPanel creates the Service Subdomains, which is another option in WHM >> Tweak Settings. It will setup the following subdomains so they redirect traffic to the proper areas of the system, so you don't have to use the port number:

cpanel
webmail
webdisk
cpcalendars
cpcontacts
whm

Can you ensure that is set to "On" on your machine? If so, the DNS records and Apache records will be automatically created in cPanel for you :D