The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subdomain directory location

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mwhitby, Oct 7, 2003.

1. mwhitby

mwhitby Registered

Oct 4, 2003
    hey all, i have a subdomain called test, which as you probably know is created by default in the /public_html/ directory, i wish for the subdomain to be created below that directory, so it is on a par with public_html, if you get what i mean?

so would point to /home/public_html/
    and would point to /home/test/

is that possible? the only reason i want to is because it is a bit annoying, as $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] is used in my php scripts, and it messes it up because a user could access my subdomain by, making the doc root /public_html/, not /public_html/test/

alternatively, is there any way in .htaccess files to restrict access to the /public_html/test/ dir by the URI used? as in:

allow access only if domain =

if that makes sense? i checked apaches directives section but didnt find anything that would satisfy my needs.

thanks! Support Ticket Number:
  2. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Seattle Washington
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is no way to do that. however, you can go into whm and go to create accounts, and then create the subdomain and assign it a unique user name and password. This will give it its own directory, its own mailings, completely seperate from everything else, however, you can still get to it from or Does that make sense? Support Ticket Number: