The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomain Email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by spsellars, Feb 10, 2004.

1. spsellars

spsellars Member

The hostname of my server was set up as ns.mydomain.com instead of just mydomain.com (my name server is ns.mydomain.com). Anyway, even though I have set up all the email addresses in Cpanel setup I am still getting emails to postmaster@ns.mydomain.com and root@ns.mydomain.com from Cpanel. These are not being routed to me and just stay in the queue. Is there any way forwarding a subdomain email to 1st level email?

i.e. root@ns.mydomain.com -> root@mydomain.com

I know this is probably a very stupid question, but I cannot figure it out. Thanks in Advance everyone!

2. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I think it'd be better to make sure emails aren't sent to those addresses.

Did you check the Contact Manager to verify the email addresses are correctly listed?

3. spsellars

spsellars Member

Yes contact manager has the correct email addresses in it. I've looked everywhere in the CPanel pages and cannot find a single place where it has the wrong email address.

Is there by chance a fix script for this or something of the sorts? Somehow it must be ignoring the email addresses I have in the Contact Manager.

4. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Check your valiases file (which lists your aliases) in /etc/ make sure none of the old hostnames are listed, I believe I ended up grep'ing all of /etc/ and /var/cpanel to make sure the hostname wasn't listed (ended up finding where it was listed.)

Remember, cpanel can't just make the hostname up, it has to be somewhere

You could, at the end, open a cpanel ticket if needed..but should be able to resolve without them ;)

5. spsellars

spsellars Member

Thanks, I had grep'd /etc but I didn't even know to do /var/cpanel so I'll give that a shot, thanks for the help!