The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subdomain .. explaning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Black Nail poli, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Black Nail poli

Black Nail poli Registered

i need a good explaining website or anything on how to host ppl in my own websiteam already know how to creat subdomain and ftp account but i don't know anything else..

2. angelina_holy

angelina_holy Well-Known Member

does your hosting package have addon domain feature ?
    Addon domains allow you to host multiple domain names from one hosting account, utilising the extra space and bandwidth available on your main hosting account. Addon domains point to a subdirectory within your main hosting account. From a web user's perspective, an add-on domain functions just like any other domain name, and the user will not know the site is hosted from your main account. The browser's address bar will show 'http://www.add-on-domain.com' (no reference to your main domain name). Addon domains are created through your control panel (check to see if your hosting package includes them).

Steps
    1 To access the Addon Domain Maintenance menu, click on the icon above the words Addon Domains on the main screen of your cPanel interface.

2 Enter the name of the addon domain in the blank field next to New Domain Name:

3 Enter the name of the directory which conatins the subdomain that the addon domain will point to in the blank field next to Username/directory/subdomain Name: (This directory will be the location for the addon domain's files, just as public_html is the location for your domain's files.)

4 Type in the password for the new addon domain, and click on Add Domain!

NOTE: You can upload files directly to this addon domain using the username and password for the addon domain to log in through ftp.