The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subdomain ftp log in cannot view folders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ladyassassin, Mar 18, 2009.

1. ladyassassin

ladyassassin Registered

hi im a newbie on hosting subdomains.. i have created a subdomain on cpanel and created a ftp account as well.. but the problem is whenever the logging in to the ftp via the subdomain account, there no folders visible, but when I log in into my account, i can see em all. i've installed wordpress already.

also in the MqSQL databases, i've set it to all privileges.. was that even correct? or just set it to some privileges?

also when i login into the cpanel the username and password doesn't work. did i forgot to do something?

#1 ladyassassin, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Fine if you need an additional FTP account I guess, but the result is what you've found. When setting up an FTP account those details you end up with are the FTP login details for that FTP account. Which is a folder inside your public_html directory..

This is because it's a regular FTP account with space as you've set it up. It does not have access to anything except the folder created when you setup that additional FTP account.

As it should be. Your main account is the root user for that account and can see all files.

If you want to login to that subdomain separate from the main domain, you might want to create a whole new account from WHM using the sub.domain.com URL. Doing this will give you separate login credentials and separate cpanel accounts for your domain.com and sub.domain.com

And?

You should be fine.

Maybe. I thought you said you could login?

You might want to speak to your host for more assistance.