The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomain help...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThunderHostingDotCom, Sep 22, 2003.

1. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

I am trying to setup a Subdomain IE: cassie.cnyzone.com and give it seperate FTP access. I created the Subdomain & then added an FTP account called cassie with a password but when I try to FTP in it gives me an 530 Login incorrect error. I have tried using the server IP, the reseller IP that cnyzone.com is hosted under & I even tried using the domain name but no luck. Does anyone know how I can give individual FTP access to a Subdomain? I am using xController for my cPanel GUI.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear ThunderHostingDotCom,

Please make sure the host information in your Site/Session Properties is correct. Common problems are spaces, case sensitive entries, incorrect user name and/or password, etc(The usual cause for this 530 error).

If there is nothing wrong in the way you are accessing the account then something must be wrong in the way,you created the account

Please cross check with what you have done. You should have created the ftp account specifying the subdomains folder(the folder to which you want to give individual access) with a username and password. You should try accessing the folder with that username and password.

Regards,

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

The problem was that we had an email addy with the same name as the directory so we had to use the full email address to access the FTP account. Thanks for the help all.