The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomain in Separate Account Causing Miscalculated Bandwidth Usage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cwtadmin, Apr 2, 2008.

1. cwtadmin

cwtadmin Registered

One of my domains used to have a subdomain that I deleted and put into a separate account, so domain.com and sub.domain.com show as two different domains in the account listings. This is causing a problem when I view my accounts' bandwidth usage. The subdomain has a separate listing, but it's still showing up under the original domain as well. It's marked "(deleted)" under the original domain, but the bandwidth is being duplicated there, so the calculation for total bandwidth is wrong (sub.domain.com's bandwidth gets added from both places).

Is there a way to treat the subdomain as a completely separate account and correct the bandwidth usage error?

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Try removing the XDNS entry from the account user file.

Example:

account 1: example.com (example)
    account 2: sub.example.com (subexamp)

Following your scenario, sub.example.com used to be part of Account 1's domains, but was removed and given its own account. However it is still referenced as XDNS=sub.examlpe.com in:
    /var/cpanel/users/example

Removing the XDNS entry in the user file (full path above) should resolve this issue.

3. cwtadmin

cwtadmin Registered

That solved the problem, all right. Thanks much.