The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomain Main Account Issue

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by James.Simpson, Oct 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. James.Simpson

James.Simpson Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So I've done this loads of times before on different servers, but this one is strange.

I've created a main account for a subdomain, but when I visit the subdomain, I am just redirected to the first account on the server.

subdomain.domain.com

DNS is done exteranally, and I've pointed the subdomain a-record to the server, which seems to work, as its displaying a website on the server.... but not showing the right website.

I can see the virtualhost fine in the http.conf file, so not sure why its loading the first. Like I say, I've done this a number of times on other servers with WHM without any issues, it just works, but this one is strange.

I even tried deleting it and creating it again, and even created subdomain2.domain.com just to check, and they all do the same thing.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

2. James.Simpson

James.Simpson Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well ive managed to figure out what it was - someone had the shared IP address set to the wrong IP address - updated this and it all works now

3. cPLevey

cPLevey Technical Analyst Supervisor
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator