The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomain Not Found via SSH

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vandivier, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Vandivier

Vandivier Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Logging in as root user I don't think it's a permissions thing. Created the subdomain via cPanel and uploaded some files via FTP.

Trying to initialize the uploaded Rails app but the directory is not found at all running command ls in the parent directory via SSH.

Rails is running on the server but I don't think that's related. The subdomain has a properly configured A record, but even if it didn't the folder should show up.

Any ideas?:confused:

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

To clarify, is the issue with your ROR script, or with the directory itself? For instance, are you able to upload test HTML files to the directory and have them load?

Thank you.

3. Vandivier

Vandivier Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I'm not sure where the problem is exactly. The script I used was the unaltered cPanel /scripts/installruby and it seemed to work fine, although yum list ruby did not display anything different afterwards so maybe there was a problem.

a temporary index.html loaded perfectly well. I'm not sure what the accepted practice is on the forum - is it improper to share URLs or the code content of the temporary index (if needed)?

Also, priori to the HTML file when it was Rails-only folder content the site loaded as 'index of...' and displayed the files rather than loading them.

However this was expected because I did not initialize the app because I could not SSH into the app folder to initialize.

Thank you for responding :)

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. Vandivier

Vandivier Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Michael,

Here is the ticket number: #6128899

Jason took a look but I don't think he understood the issue. I replied to his email and haven't heard back. Hopefully he is currently working on it.

Thanks again!

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To update, our analyst was able to execute ruby when logged in via SSH as "root". The user was advised to logout and log back in to see if the issue continued.

Thank you.