The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomain Notification?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by digitard, Nov 12, 2004.

1. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

Is there a way to setup WHM/Cpanel to notify me upon a user adding a subdomain?

I have my nameservers setup as the data center who hosts my servers nameservers (to create less push on my server). In any case... when any DNS based changes are needed I have a utility to login to so I can input those changes (such as subdomains and add-on domains).

ADDON domains are easy. They notify my master account email and all is good. I login to my DNS tool and make the needed adjustments so when the DNS server gets the request it forwards to my IP. But apparently SUBDOMAINS do not do this. Now I tell my users if they add any subdomains to please notify me so I may update the Nameservers, but is there a way to have an automated email sent out, sorta like the addon domains, so I can be notified instantly and update the server?

THANKS.

2. davood

davood Active Member

I would like this same feature. Is there a way to do it?

3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

One option is to use my server monitor script and set it to watch the /var/named directory which would be modified any time a subdomain is added.

4. davood

davood Active Member

could you please provide a link to where i can get the script and also clarify how i would configure it to do that...as well as how i install it

5. PWSowner

The "custom scripts" link in my signature is where my various scripts are. They are all free but some have better versions for "scripts club" members. All the scripts include instructions. In most cases you do have to have root access to the server.

6. davood

davood Active Member

which script am i looking for?

7. PWSowner