The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomain problem

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by NMCNick, Jan 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NMCNick

NMCNick Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I'm completely stumped by an issue with a subdomain -

I have created a subdomain, Pointed the subdomain at the correct IP and for a few days this worked great.

Suddenly the root of the subdomain becomes accessible and throws up the default website page. However sub.domain.com/folder is accessible and worked.

Now this after a few hours shows a Cpanel 404 page.

Yesterday I deleted the subdomain and recreated it. This time subfolders were accessible but not the root. Now nothing is accessible again.

I've checked the A records to ensure correct IP. One thing worth pointing out is that when i visit sub.domain.com:2087 it redirects to another of my servers but i dont understand why.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated

2. Eminds

Eminds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Make sure the IP that you are using for subdomain is not already in use OR assigned to some other server or domain as looks like that may causing the issues that you have described.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Are you able to reproduce the issue with multiple browsers or across multiple systems when this happens? You may want to try clearing the browser and DNS cache on your machine to verify it's not an issue with cached data.

Thank you.