The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomain Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jclarkkent2003, Dec 2, 2005.

1. jclarkkent2003

Ok, I setup 50 ip's on my server, all fifty I made SHARED IP's by giving each one a reseller account.

I then go in and changed the site's ip address to a new ip I added recentely by manually editing these files:

/var/named/mydomain.com.db

changing the ip to the new one in all spots

/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf

Changed virtual entries to new ip address.

The MAIN domain works after it's resolved, but the SUBDOMAINS do NOT work anymore. They resolve OK, but when I try to do this:

/home/mydomain/~subdomains/test/

and go to

test.mydomain.com

it gives me the dang 509 Bandwidth exceeded error.

I change the IP back to the MAIN / OLD ip, and the subdomains work agian. HOW do I fix this crap 509 bandwidth exceeded error when on a NEW ip address? I have NO bandwidth limits set on my server since it's unmetered bandwidth.

509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

2. jclarkkent2003

anybody?

I have 300+ domains on the server, and only ONE Domain that I put a bandwidht limit of 50 gig per month on, all 299+ domanis have no bandwidth limit, i guess it's set for unlimited?

WHY am I getting a 509 bandwidth exceeded error on any SUBDOMAIN that is NOT on the MAIN servre's ip address?

I went into WHM and clicked show inactive / active accounts, they are ALL Active but my subdomains have 509. I clicked unsuspend exceeded bandwith users, and the site works again UNTIL The next bandwidth check.

HOW often does it check if a user went over the alloted bandwidth, and how to I COMPLETELY DISABLE bandwidth checks on a domain, or even the whole server?

PLEASE Someone help. I cannot manually unsuspend every hour or every day that is ridiculous.

3. aby

aby Well-Known Member

About the subdomain issue, i am not sure where you are going wrong.. Needs to have a look.. to see where you are going wrong..

About the manual change of IP for the site... I don't believe it will break the cpanel if that is properly done...and i don't think that is the issue here...

#3 aby, Dec 3, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  4. jclarkkent2003

That wasn't the issue, I am good at manually editing things and i know what i'm doing, but I reversed what i did and used cpanel on that domain and another domain i never manually edited.

SAME bandwidth exceeded bs problem.....