The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subdomain quota possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DanielKelly, Dec 26, 2006.

1. DanielKelly

DanielKelly Registered

Ok, so I have been reading, trying to figure out some way to setup quotas for subdomains. Some people mentioned about limiting the FTP size, which I am not sure where to do this.

So I am stopping here, hoping someone has done this successfully... I want to give packages away with gameservers, teamspeak, the server, and some webhosting... and I am trying to avoid putting these users on my Windows Server 2003 box, as, well... linux is much better IMO. And also the fact I can add MySQL dbs much easier, and other small things for customers.. but regardless, you dont wanna hear all that =P

I would really appreciate any help. I love cPanel, thanks for your help!

Daniel Kelly

2. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Just create the package with the limits you want and then set up a new account in WHM using the subdomain instead of a domain.

This will create a hosting account totally independent of the domain name with their own cpanel, username, password, etc with the limits you specified in the package/feature list.

Chris

3. markfrompf

markfrompf Well-Known Member

He's right. Completely right! :)