The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subdomain redirect?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rosalouise, Nov 14, 2010.

1. rosalouise

rosalouise Registered

ok so i installed my forum and everything is fine i just want to redirect to my forum to forum.yourdomain.com not yourdomain.com/forum, how would i go about doing this?:confused:

2. aedges

aedges Member

in cpanel click subdomains

enter your subdomain name and your folder (in your case they will both be forum)

Your forum will show from yoururl.com/forum and forum.yoururl.com

in your forum settings just change the domain to forum.yoururl.com

this should work as i have only seen 1 forum software that does not accept subdomains

3. rosalouise

rosalouise Registered

its working but i would like to have the link as forum.yourdomain.com because when i click on forum.yourdomain.com it redirects me to yourdomain.com/forum and i would the url just to be the subdomain url

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I recommend to verify which domain name and URI directory path is configured in the forums software. The forums may be configured to use a sub-domain such as "forums.domain.tld" or the parent domain of just "domain.tld". Similarly, it is also possible to configure the URI directory path that is used, such as "/" or none, where no additional path is appended, or one of either "/forums" or "/forums/", where a specific directory is named in the URI path. Forum scripts use this information to construct links.

Please consider the following suggestions:
    1. Ensure the forum software is configured to use the full sub-domain, like forum.domain.tld, and not just the parent domain.
    2. Ensure the forum software is configured to use a URI directory path like "/" (or none) and not "/forum/" or "/forum".
    3. If difficulty persists, consider asking your hosting provider to take a look at the issue as they should have server administrator access and may be able to resolve the issue for you or at least identify the problem.