Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Subdomain served instead of default cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lockefaltaba, Dec 8, 2012.

1. lockefaltaba

lockefaltaba Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    something quite strange it's happening in one of my servers. I recently had to restore it all from a backup because of serious fs troubles. And now, It is serving one of my accounts by its hostname !!?¿

I mean, my server's hostname, let's say it is serverxxx.mydomain.com and its IP is 1.2.3.4. Well If I browse 1.2.3.4 from a browser it serves the expected defaultwebpage.cgi, however If I browse serverxxx.mydomain.com it shows one of the domain hosted into it .....quite strange.

I checked out /usr/loca/apache/etc/httpd.conf and I did not notice any strange thing which might cause such aberrant behaviour. What am i doing wrong ?

2. bobcat1656

bobcat1656 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am having the same issue, but only after having to change my IP address. I am also very curious about the reason behind this