Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Subdomain SSL Certificate Not Created

Discussion in 'Security' started by Seb Brouard, Mar 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Seb Brouard

Seb Brouard Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi !

I create a Cpanel account with subdomain Ex.: test.example.com.
    But auto SSL never create the certificat and i always have this error...

Code:
    00:35:47 AutoSSL’s configured provider is “cPanel (powered by Sectigo)”.
    This AutoSSL provider does not poll for certificate availability immediately after a certificate request submission. Instead, it submits certificate requests then periodically polls the cPanel Store for each requested certificate and installs it after a successful retrieval. The system will record all requests, retrievals, and installations for the current AutoSSL run in this log.
    Vérification des sites Web pour « seb »…
    00:35:47 Analyzing “seb.example.com” …
    00:35:47 ERROR TLS Status: Defective
    Certificate expiry: 03/03/2020 05:32 UTC (365 days from now)
    ERROR Defect: OPENSSL_VERIFY: The certificate chain failed OpenSSL’s verification (0:18:DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT).
    00:35:47 Performing DCV (Domain Control Validation) …
    00:35:47 WARN Local HTTP DCV error (seb.example.com): “seb.example.com” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.
    WARN Local HTTP DCV error (www.seb.example.com): “www.seb.example.com” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.
    WARN Local HTTP DCV error (mail.seb.example.com): “mail.seb.example.com” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.
    WARN Local HTTP DCV error (cpanel.seb.example.com): “cpanel.seb.example.com” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.
    WARN Local HTTP DCV error (webdisk.seb.example.com): “webdisk.seb.example.com” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.
    WARN Local HTTP DCV error (webmail.seb.example.com): “webmail.seb.example.com” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.
    00:35:54 ERROR Local DNS DCV error (seb.example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.seb.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=tNOX3cjxsD8byAHYYG_7mLrrv9DQjDvVdhkLmrTyC8WhPR2LwPnLjU3I93PZU4BC”.
    ERROR Local DNS DCV error (www.seb.example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.seb.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=tNOX3cjxsD8byAHYYG_7mLrrv9DQjDvVdhkLmrTyC8WhPR2LwPnLjU3I93PZU4BC”.
    ERROR Local DNS DCV error (mail.seb.example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.seb.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=tNOX3cjxsD8byAHYYG_7mLrrv9DQjDvVdhkLmrTyC8WhPR2LwPnLjU3I93PZU4BC”.
    ERROR Local DNS DCV error (cpanel.seb.example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.seb.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=tNOX3cjxsD8byAHYYG_7mLrrv9DQjDvVdhkLmrTyC8WhPR2LwPnLjU3I93PZU4BC”.
    ERROR Local DNS DCV error (webdisk.seb.example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.seb.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=tNOX3cjxsD8byAHYYG_7mLrrv9DQjDvVdhkLmrTyC8WhPR2LwPnLjU3I93PZU4BC”.
    ERROR Local DNS DCV error (webmail.seb.example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.seb.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=tNOX3cjxsD8byAHYYG_7mLrrv9DQjDvVdhkLmrTyC8WhPR2LwPnLjU3I93PZU4BC”.
    00:35:54 Analyzing “seb.example.com”’s DCV results …
    00:35:54 ERROR Impediment: TOTAL_DCV_FAILURE: Every domain failed DCV.
    00:35:54 Le système a effectué la vérification AutoSSL pour « seb ». 

#1 Seb Brouard, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2019
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Seb Brouard,

It looks like the AutoSSL validation process failed for those subdomains. Check out our AutoSSL Troubleshooting document and let us know if you require additional assistance after going through the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Seb Brouard

Seb Brouard Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I follow all step and i have a same error.
    If my url is a sub domain, auto ssl can make de process ?

Thank you

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Seb Brouard,

Can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look to see why AutoSSL is validate the subdomain? You can post the ticket number here and we'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...