Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Subdomain Stats [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brandon Goins, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Brandon Goins

Brandon Goins Registered

Subdomain Stats

I am a hosting customer using cPanel to manage my account, totally love it.

I'm doing a small website design/hosting business on the side now, and I let one client that I trust really well check his subdomain stats (Awstats) using a direct link I put on his page and MY login and password, however I can't do this for eveyone.

I have tried with no luck to set this up so that I can give a client their own password and login to check their stats. Is this not possible? If not, is there any way to automate stats to be emailed regularly?

Sorry if it's a newb quesiton. I couldn't seem to find a similar topic in the forum anywhere. Thanks for the help. :)

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    in cpanel the awstats are accessible by the user only by the control panel password.

you can switch to a reseller account and create individual domains for the user and allow him to access it via his CP

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Brandon Goins

Brandon Goins Registered

Not what I wanted to hear! But thanks. :)

Well, does anyone know if there is a way to produced automated email stats reports?

4. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Brandon, I know this is from a while ago, but one thing you can do is make the stats available without a password, but you can give it a crazy URL like http://www.mysite.com/dkw3kluiudfioe78/ (as an example) so only someone that you gave the URL to would know to go there. I won't duplicate what is written elsewhere... there are many threads here in the forum that talk about how to do this.

- Scott

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...