Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Subdomain vs STMP ? can be conflict ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marveen, Sep 20, 2006.

1. marveen

marveen Registered

Ok, i made a subdomain before named mail.xxxx.com, and then i redirect it to xxxx.com/webmail ... and then i realized that the subdomain i've created has the same name with the incoming and outgoing mail in POP3. I shocked to death and affraid that they'll conflict even i know that the subdomain and the STMP has the different port. Then i tried to use outlook express, and everthing just quite fine until i realized that i can't send email. Then i deleted the subdomain, and thanks to that .. now i can't even receive emails in my outlook. The outlook keep telling me that the host can't be found. Is that mean that if i accidentally create a subdomain name mail.xxxx.com and then delete it, the incoming and outgoing mail server also dissapear ? Any idea how to fix the things up ? And ... reinstall is not and option ^^ pls ....

2. marveen

marveen Registered

btw ... now i temporarily use pop3 and stmp from the other domain from the same server ^^ so far it works fine ... can receive and send mail without any problem .. but still ^^ i want to know what happened to my pop3 and stmp of my domain ? ^^

3. Shinichi Kato

Shinichi Kato Well-Known Member

What's STMP?

STMP? or SMTP?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...