The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomains broken on 2nd server after Migration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MajorWoody, Nov 25, 2007.

1. MajorWoody

MajorWoody Member

I recently migrated all my accounts from my primary web server (which is being retired) to a new primary server. All the subdomain accounts on the new primary are working properly. However, subdomain accounts on my secondary cpanel server have stopped working.

I've traced it to DNS. If i nslookup the primary server for a subdomain that's on the secondary server, the response comes with SOA report.

If i nslookup the secondary server for a subdomain that it is hosting, it responds properly.

The two servers are in a DNS cluster together.

I've reviewed the /var/named files on both servers and they are identical (and correct).

I'm not sure what i did four years ago to make this work on my (old) primary server. Any tips would be helpful.

2. MajorWoody

MajorWoody Member

Upon further investigation, it seems the entries from the secondary server's DNS names are missing from /etc/named.conf and /etc/named.conf,v files.

Everything is where it should be on the secondary server, including some hosts that are on the primary.

How do i resolve this? I've tried "Sync all local" (under Syncronize DNS Records) on the primary server but it's not updating.