The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomains Dissappear from Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ceejayoz, Nov 14, 2002.

1. ceejayoz

ceejayoz Member

Hey folks,

I'm having rather a weird problem. All my subdomains for one domain have dissappeared from the cpanel - it appears as if there are none. However, the subdomains I'd already setup work just fine, and I checked the httpd.conf - they're all in there.

Is there somewhere else where the subdomains are stored specifically for cpanel's use, and if so, how do I go about fixing it?

Thanks!

2. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Check in /var/cpanel/users/username - there should be a DNSx=sub.domain.com for each subdomain there.

3. ceejayoz

ceejayoz Member

Yep, they're all there... any other ideas?

4. taivu

taivu Well-Known Member

Hmmm... just noticed the same with one of our own domains: no subdomains show up in CPanel and the subdomain entries are gone from the zone file too.

Time to investigate, I will post back my findings.

5. taivu

taivu Well-Known Member

DUH! My problem was solved by adding a note on top of my monitor saying: &Do not SSH to the server before having at least one cup of coffee!& (and actually having that coffee).

All subdomains I thought were missing from domain.com were added as accounts (subdomain.domain.com) in WHM. They have their own zones AND should not be listed in the main domain's control panel as subdomains anyway. They also don't show up in /var/cpanel/users/username - which is exactly as it should be.

[b:6fa849ee4e]ceejayoz:[/b:6fa849ee4e] if the missing subdomains were not created as &real accounts& in WHM and the entries are in /var/cpanel/users/username (as you said), I have no solution for you other than make sure that the A entries for these subdomains are in the zonefile (subdomain 14400 IN A &IP&) of the main domain. Adding them there, if they are missing, may solve the problem.

6. ceejayoz

ceejayoz Member

I think I may have figured out what's going on.

I just added a test subdomain and it worked... BUT it's using the wrong IP address (it's using the shared virtualhosting one, not the IP assigned to the domain name).

If I go in and change the IP address in httpd.conf to the correct one, it dissappears from the cpanel.

Any ideas on how to make it use the correct IP address?

7. anton_latvia

anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry for this old thread, but I am having this problem now. We have moved severel accounts from one server to another and at new server all those moved accounts are missing subdomain entries in CPanel. What is interesting is that CPanel allows me to add emails like email@subdomain.domain.com, but subdomain does not come up at Subdomain's page and also DNS does not work. Is there any easy fix for it?

Entry for subdomain exist in /var/cpanel/users/username. And also folder ~username/www/subdomain exists. I am completely not up for recreating all subdomains for those accounts.

Thanks.