The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomains don't work.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yoshiyahu, Jun 11, 2010.

1. yoshiyahu

yoshiyahu Registered

Ok, I have set up several subdomains for an account. I put wordpress on them and for some reason only half of them work right. I checked the domain on godaddy and the nameserver is set right, and I believe the A entry is set up for each subdomain. I have my own server which means I have WHM. What should I do?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Well, for starters you have your own server, you'll need to know that providing as many details as you can when asking or help can be very useful in getting some, quick. ;)

What's the half that doesn't work, doing, when you try to access them? Is there an error message, a white page, a cannot find server message, are you forwarded to MTV.com, what are they doing if not working correctly?

Checking the nameservers @godaddy is a great place to start but you might like to actually check the sub.domain for issues as well, assuming the main domain has been working fine, no issues would be found at godaddy.

This page is handy for this: intoDNS: checks DNS and mail servers health type in those sub domains and see if the results help.