The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomains fine, Addon domains dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Winkie, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Winkie

Winkie Registered

Aug 10, 2004
    Apologies if this post is a little incoherant, i'm going to explain this as best I can. Starting this morning (as far as I can tell), several of our accounts which have addon domains have had said domains stop working. Instead it will display a virtual directory warning telling you the directory can't be listed, or an empty directory list. This is it.

The subdomains which were set up to link to the addon domains work flawlessly, no problems at all. However I have no idea of cpanel's httpd.conf setup and would prefer to ask here rather than trawl through it for hours.

If anyone can help please do.

2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2004
    Below, while not a complete vhost container, is an example of what you should see for an addon domain. Not that the 'ServerName' is the subdomain of the main account and the 'ServerAlias' directive actually causes Apache to respond with the correct file when the addon is requested. I would copy your httpd.conf so that you can look at it in a text editor (Don't copy this back to your server though, because it will corrupt the file. Use it to determine the location only.) and search for the addon's name to see if there are any odd entries. It's possible that the DNS may cause this problem as well, so take a look at those through WHM just in case.

<VirtualHost 12.34.567.89>
    ServerName addon.maindomain.tld
    ServerAlias www.addon.maindomain.tld
    ServerAdmin wwwadmin@maindomain.tld
    DocumentRoot /home/maindomain/public_html/addon
    User maindomain
    Group maindomain