The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subdomains not working with release?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by orca, Sep 24, 2002.

1. orca

orca Well-Known Member

I just tried to create a subdomain on one of the accounts on my server. It says it's done and I also see it in the DNS settings. The directory is also created. However, I get a server not found error when trying to access it (no IP subdomain). What could be wrong? Is it because I tried to password protect the subdomain folder?

Note: Existing subdomains work. Only newly created ones don't work. And yes, I enabled subdomains for that account.

Just checked: I manually enabled subdomains for every account (it said they are disabled for every account). Still not working. Checking it again with WHM the subdomains are still not enabled.

2. jsnape

jsnape Well-Known Member

Same here. It says they have been enabled, then upon returning to the enable screen it says disabled.

3. orca

orca Well-Known Member

Just to make clear: The already created ones work, but not the newly created ones. Also, if deleting the subdomain, the DNS entry won't be deleted. If this is a bug I'll report it through the bug system.

4. orca

orca Well-Known Member

submitted it as bug.