The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomains owned by different users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jrush, Dec 15, 2004.

1. jrush

jrush Registered

I have an existing linux host on which I've put 20 subdomains of a single domain (fist.domain.com, second.domain.com). Each subdomain is a seperate client and is owned by a seperate user (so I can control FTP access among other things per subdomain).

I am being told by my technical contact that WHM does not support creating subdomains for different users. Is that correct? Can WHM create two different subdomains of a single domain all three (the two subdomains and one main domain) each owned by different users? How? Thanks so much for you'all's time

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yes, you can do that. When you setup a user account in WHM, you can specify a subdomain as the accounts domain and they will be discrete from the main domain and any other subdomains that you create in a similar fashion.

3. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

Yes I've done that to a few sites I sponsor, however if you transfer the accounts to another server, cpanel seems to add the subdomain entries to the main domain. All three accounts still exist, but the subdomains end up also being listed on the main domain account.

Its kind of confusing lol.

4. jrush

jrush Registered

Thanks. This seems to have worked.

5. Mad-Host

Mad-Host Registered

I am trying to accomplish this as well. It doesn't seem to be working for me. Does it have anything to do with the fact that my domain is registered with GoDaddy, and my reseller account is hosted with another provider?

6. Mad-Host

Mad-Host Registered